· High School Diploma or equivalent. Can be trained on the Job
· Greet, assess and interview patients. Obtain past medical and surgical history, family history, social history, vital signs. Review present medications, allergy history, chief complaint, and brief interrogation of complaint. Act as a liaison between doctor and patient. Explain medication, side effects, treatments, diets, diseases and disease processes. Screen for health maintenance criteria. Update medication list and current problem list.
Anticipate need for assessment and monitoring and follow through in providing the assessment and monitoring of patient during examination, treatment, emergency, acute illness, or procedure.
· Maintain and update level of skill for pertinent medical assistant duties.
· Upkeep and maintain patient care areas. Stocking and ordering of supplies as needed.
· Responsibly charge and code all supplies, medications and procedures.
· Attend required staff training, emergency training, and OSHA training sessions, as well as staff meetings.
· Respond to patient’s concerns in person or by telephone while simultaneously assessing and documenting the problem.
· Participates in educational conferences. Updates and maintains professional knowledge and skill related to areas of practice.
· Provides a caring environment and able to deal empathetically with patient’s needs and questions. Must be an excellent verbal communicator and project a professional image.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Able to float to other areas as needed.
· Participate in training and skills development of new personnel.
· Contributes to the SMG Company Organizational Direction on an annual basis as defined by Performance Excellence Program.
· Meets Clinic/Departmental Goals on an annual basis as defined by the Performance Excellence Program.
· Meets the defined number of essential job duties as defined by the Performance Excellence Program.
· Meets the expected behaviors of values for living out our mission as defined by the Performance Excellence Program.
· Participates in the developmental goals