SURVICE Engineering Company Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: September 14, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States as we kick off our 40th year of service! If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
- Location: Albuquerque, NM or Socorro, NM
- Security Clearance: Active clearance or eligible to obtain; U.S. citizenship required
- Benefits: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling, and more!
- Schedule: M-F / 8am-5pm
- Travel: 0-10%
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking multiple, full-time Software Engineers to support large-scale DoD initiatives. Our software team works with a range of experts including subject matter experts (SMEs) and methodology developers in analyzing new functional requirements, developing new models, and maintaining and enhancing existing models. This individual will work with a software development team including SMEs and project managers in analyzing new functional requirements while providing feasibility assessments and level of effort.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with other software developers to analyze, estimate, design, and implement features, potentially taking a leadership position
- Participates in planning meetings and technical coordination meetings for reporting issues, planning, and providing status
- Implements C++11, C++17 standards
- Works with SMEs and project managers in analyzing new functional requirements while providing feasibility assessments and level of effort
- Follows the team's software development process and procedures. When directed, peer reviews fellow software developer's code and documentation to ensure it meets the team's quality standards and best practices
- Works with software architectural owners to ensure all development meets architectural vision and system designs
- Works with lead software engineer and senior developers in deriving technical requirements from functional requirements
- Contributes to technical design documentation and maintenance of the software
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related degree for multiple levels: Mid (3-5+ years' experience), Senior level (5-10+years' experience), or Lead (10-15+ years' experience). Ideal candidates will have relevant experience in development of scientific application software. Alternatively, candidates will have a masters or other advanced degree with experience in software development.
- Experience with C++ is required. Additional experience with other languages, such as C, FORTRAN, or Python is desirable
- Experience in working on a software development team
- Knowledge of solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and revision control
- Knowledge of C++11, C++17 standards
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/ management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SURVICE Engineering Company
TechnologyView all jobs at SURVICE Engineering Company