Ballistics Test Technician Lead
SURVICE Engineering Company Warren, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Established in 1981, SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. We're proud to support the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today.
SURVICE is seeking a full-time Ballistics Test Lead to provide ballistics test support for our military customer in a lab environment. This position will provide ballistics test plan development, testing, safety, scheduling, logistics, and inventory.
Location: Warren, Michigan
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide armor testing support
- Handle, store, and dispose of explosives and ammunition
- Support test plan development and execution, scheduling, logistics, and inventory
- Plan and witness test events
- Prepare test and evaluation documentation
- Review data for completeness, accuracy, and validity
- Analyze/evaluate data and summarize results
- Utilize TAMIS in order to manage operational, training, and test munitions
- Conduct hazard classification using ICH (Interim Hazard Classification)
Minimum of 7 years of ballistics and ammunition test experience required.
- Background, experience, and training in explosives and ammunition handling, storage, and disposal
- Experience with armor testing
- Knowledge of safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) in a lab environment
- Experience supporting test plan development and execution, scheduling, logistics, and inventory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Seeking a team player with the ability to work in both independently and in a team environment
- Experience working TAMIS, SDZ (Surface Danger Zone), and IHC (Interim Hazard Classification) for both US and Foreign munitions
- Experience with operational, training, and test munitions using TAMIS
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain a DoD security clearance
*** To see what it's like working for SURVICE, see what our employees have to say ***
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
SURVICE Engineering Company
TechnologyView all jobs at SURVICE Engineering Company