Our group is a unique and carefully crafted team of specialists in contract manufacturing, research & product development and marketing/branding strategy, providing cross-functional expertise vital to the successful launch and strategic growth of brands in the beauty, cosmetic, and personal care space.
We are currently seeking an experienced Chemical Compounder/Batch Mixer to work out of our small facility with our close team in South Holland, IL.
The Chemical Compounder/Batch Mixer is responsible for mixing chemicals to produce bulk materials for packaging production to the specifications of the batch card in a timely and safe manner.
Position will entail standing for long periods of time and being crossed trained in different areas of our manufacturing processes. Successful applicants will be very detail-oriented and able to work with little supervision.
This is a first shift role from 8:30AM-5:00PM M-F with some occasional overtime on Saturday’s during our peak season in Q4. Compensation ranges from $20-$25/HR depending on experience as well as 401K, 2 weeks paid vacation/PTO, and annual bonuses!
Responsibilities of the Chemical Compounder / Mixer:
- Responsible for the weighing, checking, and verification of mixing specific chemical compounds for production.
- Monitor the mixing process and ensure accuracy of batch.
- Performs set-up, operation, and continuous monitoring of tanks and mixing equipment for product formulas.
- Calibrate and operate all equipment such as scales, pH meters, tanks, graduates, pots, etc.
- Troubleshoot any batch issues and resolve through re-calibrating equipment.
- Perform daily sanitization of equipment and maintain a clean work area throughout shift.
Preferred Qualifications of the Chemical Compounder / Mixer:
- Knowledge and experience working with chemicals and/or chemical compounding.
- Previous experience in a production environment—knowledge in beauty/skin care manufacturing and production a plus!
- Basic mathematical skills, experience with the metrics system.