Customer Service Representative - 1st Shift
Responsible for coordinating and performing numerous customer service functions to the satisfaction of both the customer and the company. Objective is to retain accounts and increase profitable sales
· Answer and respond to customer phone calls for 1 – 3 core business phone lines. Resolve problems and follow through with customer requests based on standardized procedures.
o Process blind and parts request orders either on-line or manually
o Resolve customer problems and questions, i.e., product specifications, product offering, installation information, etc.
o Process status, change and cancellation requests from customers.
o Process requests for repairs, quality inspections, returns, credits, out of spec’s, etc.
· Maintain and provide information for various statistical logs, reports, etc.
· Maintain current product, policy and procedure information through additional cross training, phone mail and e-mail updates
· Perform specific duties and participate in teams as assigned by manager.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Authority to approve replacements, remakes and credits up to $500.00.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum – High school diploma or equivalent; 1-2 years relevant experience.
Preferred - Prior customer service work experience. Demonstrated aptitude for selling.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· A strong work ethic, willingness to work on various shifts as necessary
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent listening skills
· Ability to effectively communicate via telephone
· Excellent knowledge of basic computer skills
· Good decision making and judgment
· Outgoing personality - even tempered, sincere, and friendly
· Ability to multi-task effectively and perform well in a fast paced environment
· Good math skills