Entry Level Marine Electronics Technician
SUPERIOR MARINE TECHNICAL SERVICES INC Houma, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is work installing, terminating cables, antennas, speakers and video cameras and associated electronics and devices. Work requires some knowledge of these principles and mechanical abilities. Contacts require courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in dealing with others to request or provide information, ask questions or obtain information. Work is performed following substantially diversified methods, practices, and procedures and usually involves similar situations. Work is performed primarily in structures where risks and hazards are substantial, but are known, somewhat predictable, and mostly controllable. Work is marine vessels in Shipyard and Dockside. Physical demands are moderate and consist primarily of standing, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing, walking at work sites for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting and moving objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Operates motor vehicle and uses equipment and tools necessary for installing digital and analog electronic equipment. Operates standard office equipment such as personal computer. Work is performed under limited supervision where work assignments are subject to established procedures, practices, or well-defined policies and are reviewed, usually after the fact, in terms of quality, timeliness, and adherence to methods, standards, and policies.
Examples of Work
- Establishes and maintains records of assigned tasks
- Records and documents installations.
- Completes work order and trouble report documentation on work performed.
- Operates standard office equipment such as personal computer
- Operates motor vehicle.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn correct installation and termination of cables, antennas, speakers and video cameras and associated electronics and equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete work as scheduled.
- Ability to read, understand, analyze, interpret and apply technical data, manuals, schematics, and related specifications.
- Ability to complete forms, prepare reports and draw schematics regarding work performed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as personal computer.
- A valid driver's license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment.
- Must be free from color blindness.
- Within 90 days of hire date to acquire and maintain the appropriate level of capabilities which corresponds to the job responsibilities. This is obtained by successfully completing hands-on Journeyman training and any web-based training courses which cover basic marine electronics equipment installations and terminations.
SUPERIOR MARINE TECHNICAL SERVICES INCWhy Work Here?
Field Leader, Great Pay, Exciting Work, Opportunity to Travel
Superior Marine Technical Services supplies Navigation, Communication, and other Electronic Equipment & Labor Services to a wide range of Marine Vessel Operators. From fishing boats, inland tugs. crewboats, offshore service vessels, and ocean going vessels, we travel to and repair or replace needed equipment as requested by the Customer.
311 Venture Blvd. HoumaHouma, LA
ManufacturingView all jobs at SUPERIOR MARINE TECHNICAL SERVICES INC