**This is a critical project and long term vacations will be denied. One –three-day requests will be considered.
Position Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
- This project encompasses building the system and operational support processes required by the Affordable Care Act.
- This includes supporting the implementation of features for a system that allows consumers to apply for public assistance benefits, such as, Medical Assistance, Nutrition Assistance, and Cash Assistance.
- The project includes representatives from two state agencies Department of Economic Security – DES and Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System – AHCCCS.
- For the Department of Economic Security, this project includes significant enhancement to web applications that support processes for public assistance today. It also includes opportunities for enhancing additional systems and improving service delivery for a variety of social service programs. The position will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, documenting, and supporting web applications.
The applicant must have the knowledge and skills as outlined below:
• Ability to analyze and problem-solve
• Ability to comfortable work in ambiguous environments and leading the team through problem solving exercises
• Ability to creatively solve technical problems
• Ability to focus and meet deadlines and deliverables
• Ability to perform testing on various software, applications and reporting systems
• Ability to present to small work groups on both technical and functional requirements
• Ability to thrive under production pressure and deadlines
• Ability to validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
• Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size
• Effectively working with Business Analysts and Product Managers to meet deliverable deadlines for various projects
• Knowledge and experience working in an Agile development environment
• Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Visio, and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Knowledge of SDLC
• Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Knowledge of test automation
• Skilled communication (verbal and written), time management skills, fast learner, self- motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously
• Skilled in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Skilled software testing
• Strong conceptual and planning skills
• Strong technical aptitude and ability
• Team oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and product management team
Preferred/Desired Candidate: Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years’ experience in quality assurance testing and analysis (or equivalent experience).
This assignment requires the successful candidate to work at 3443 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012. Works hours will be 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for holidays and any state-man