The C# AWS developer is responsible for building and supporting applications, including everything from back-end services to our client-end products. Primary responsibilities will be to support existing production workloads, upgrade the applications, develop new features for deployed products, process service desk tickets for our customers, engage with the rest of the team on problem solving and coordinate the release of application patches with DevOps.
Specific duties include:
● Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable MVC, WPF and ASP.NET in C#.
● Move the code from TFS to Git
● Assist in a cloud first initiative; Amazon Web Services deployment pipelines and Lambda deployment
● Conduct Code Reviews as needed
● Create Unit tests as needed
● Manage service desk tickets for applications that the developer is supporting
● Ability to work in an agile development environment.
● Self-starter, able to work with limited supervision, with excellent time management skills.
● Proficient in AWS cloud deployments through CodePipeline
● Proficient with AWS Lambda, S3, API Gateway, and RDS
● Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
● Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
● Working knowledge of SQL, data extracts and reporting
● Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
● Basic understanding of the Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses and workarounds.
● Implementing automated testing platforms and unit-tests.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as SourceSafe, Team Foundation Source Control (TFS/TFVC) and Git.
● Manage JIRA task items when assigned to projects
● Proactively identify problems and provide reasonable solutions
● Help maintain code quality, organization and automation.
● Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
● Ability to work closely with internal & external customers, technicians and engineers.
● Conduct insightful, ad-hoc analysis to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
● Computer science, Information Technology Associate or BS degree a plus and/or equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
● Minimum of 5 years experience in application development or related field.
● 5 years C# with ASP.NET, MVC and WPF experience
● Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive with excellent documentation skills.
● Ability to work independently and with others.
● Extremely organized with strong planning, organizational and time-management skills.
● AWS Associate (Architect, Developer or Sys Ops) Certification a bonus