Our fast growing preschool site in Stockton is looking for assistant teacher who is loving, caring, self-motivated and has passion in early childhood education. The assistant teacher teaches in a creative and stimulating Montessori Method, with amicable working environment, great colleague team and excellent career advance opportunities.
- Assist in the creation of a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of children age 2-6 with Montessori philosophy and methodology.
- Conduct potty training
- Assist in implementing the curriculum planned by the Site Director or Head Teacher
- Assist head teacher to enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order inside and outside of the classroom
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records for children in the assigned classroom.
- Attend to the personal hygiene of each child in your care, including changing diapers or soiled clothing and washing hands.
- Maintain a safe environment based on safety standards set by the Center and state guidelines
- Prepare snacks and warm up lunches
- Supervise nap
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the child care rooms
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- 12 ECE (Early Childhood Education) units
- Infant and Toddler Development class
Preferred: Any of the following:
- Experience working in an early childhood center
- Passion on teaching and working with children
- Honest and hardworking
Starting rate @ $12.25/hour, 90 days training / probation period.