To provide nursing care in accordance with the client's plan of care to include comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring of the client’s condition, health promotion and prevention coordination of services, teaching and training activities and direct nursing care. Performs admission, transfer, re-certification, resumption of care and discharge OASIS for the home care patient.
1. Must have a driver’s license and be willing and able to drive to client’s residences.
2. The ability to access clients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required. Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client's condition and to perform and demonstrate client care.
3. Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing and minimal to maximum lifting of clients and the turning of clients.
4. The ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is required as frequent communication by telephone and in writing is involved.
Thermometer, B/P cuff, glucometer, penlight, hand washing materials, computer
Has access to all client medical records, personnel records and client financial accounts which may be discussed with the Director of Nursing
1. Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
2. Must be licensed in the State of Kansas as a Registered Nurse
3. Must have one or more years in home health agency or in a hospital setting
4. Must have knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines
5. Must have a working knowledge of home health care and the principles and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation that pertains to it
6. Should be skillful in organization and in the principles of time management and have knowledge of management processes
7. Must be able to contribute to the quality of care being rendered through constructive communication with nursing managers and staff