STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. The Construction Management Division is staffed by more than 400 professionals who provide program management, construction management, design-build, construction supervision and inspection services. We consistently rank in the top 20 CM firms nation-wide.
We currently have an opening in Los Angeles for a Senior Project Manager for an aviation project.
- Project planning and mobilization.
- Responsible for the CPM baseline, monthly CPM schedule updates and narratives, and CPM fragments with changes and delays.
- Timely and accurate Subcontractor buyout, including the use of S&P bonding policy.
- Proactively promotes the company's safety policies and programs.
- Oversight of S&P Quality Control Program.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Project Managers in setting up the Schedule of Values (SOV) to promote positive cash flow.
- Cost reports - weekly and monthly review of job cost reports for preparation of monthly analysis. Carefully analyze cost AND schedule problems and initiate new alternatives, which will cause a course correction.
- Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, and presentations for selected projects.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Review the monthly draw requests.
- Establish and maintain revenue forecasts for assigned projects.
- Ensure sub/vendor invoices are reviewed and approved in both a timely and accurate fashion.
- Management of the Change Order Process, both prime and subcontractor.
- Supervises staff, including establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training. May make hiring, discipline, and/or termination decisions.
- Ensure timely collections of all accounts receivable, including retainage. Closing out the project in compliance with contract documents.
- Responsible for understanding and complying to prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc.
- Participates in the review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
- Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field, including project review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- B.A. or B.S. in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in managing construction projects and a thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
- Must have previous Aviation Construction experience.
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
- Proficient management, leadership, business development, and technical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment.
- Perform functions efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision.
- Must maintain a professional attitude and conduct oneself in positive manner at all times.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to perform in fast paced, changing environment
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.