Assistant Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
BE PART OF IT!!
Do you want to be part of a forward thinking and diverse organization that is helping design and build creative solutions for the next generation?
An organization which is focused on making a difference in our employees lives as well as the environment in which we live?
An organization with a culture that promotes a healthy and fun work - life balance?
Then join STV, an award winning, nationally recognized professional services firm where you will have a voice, be recognized, and be able to make a difference!
STV is a national, award-winning firm, providing comprehensive Owners Representative services to assist clients throughout the entire project processfrom definition of need through design, construction, relocation and closeout. We provide these services on a variety of projects in major markets, including Corporate, Academic, Healthcare, High-Tech & Manufacturing, Industrial, Laboratory & Life Science, Non-Profit and Municipal
STV acts as a true extension of our clients staff to deliver their projects on time, on budget, at the quality expected and with zero downtime to their operations. Capitalizing on our long history of providing exceptional service, we are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to help expand this ever-growing market for our Hartford office.
This role emphasizes project management and delivery, with the ability to develop both professionally and personally. STV offers opportunities to assist with project management tasks, including the preparation of proposals and contracts. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a solid technical foundation allowing them to work independently. STVs culture promotes exposure to and interaction with multiple design disciplines within a healthy work-life balance.
The Assistant Project Manager will join a developed and tight knit team focused on client satisfaction, quality work and proactive communication. As an integral part of the team, you will be able to support STV Industrial, Commercial, and Healthcare projects in and around the Southern New England marketplace and the greater New England region. Strong communication and an ability to provide solutions will allow you to effectively learn to manage projects.
Under the mentorship of our Sr. Project Leaders, the Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing Infrastructure projects and the progress of a team consisting of Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and specialty vendors.
- Assembling project scope of work, budget estimates, and schedules.
- Assisting in the oversight of all aspects of construction and renovations projects.
- Tracking and monitor project financials, schedules, and changes.
- Performing Construction administration functions; contract performance, inspections, oversee commissioning.
- On-Site design and construction investigation and coordination work for smooth project integration and delivery.
- Solicitation, bidding, negotiating and selection and management of architects, engineers, contractors, FF&E, technology, and equipment vendors.
- Representing client and interact and communicate with all project stakeholders and end users.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- A four (4) year degree in civil, architecture, mechanical engineering, building construction, or related field.
- ASHE HCC, OSHA 30, CCM, or PMP certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel to multiple client locations and daily client/vendor interaction
- MS OFFICE experience required.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Position may be dedicated at one client site full time or may be managing multiple projects at different sites.
TechnologyView all jobs at STV