The RN is responsible and accountable for the overall health status of the residents, including: assessment, evaluation, plan of care, monitoring and reporting changes to the physician and family. The RN may delegate selected nursing activities to other health care workers, but retains accountability and responsibility for the overall nursing care. Supervising staff along with the continuous evaluation of resident care needs and implementation of plan of care by direct care or supervision of the L.P.N., C.N.A. or ward secretary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Licenses and Certifications Required: Current N.D. registered nurse license
Educational Requirements: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience Requirements: Previous nursing home experience preferred, not required
Special Skills or Training Requirements: Good organizational and interpersonal skills; C.P.R. certified
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Associate's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Why this employer is a great company
1. General job duties.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc).
• Kronos Timekeeping to clock in/out of shift.
• Pyxis Automated Medication Dispensing
• Cerner EMR
• Alaris IV Pumps
• One Touch Blood Glucose Monitoring
• ARJO Huntleigh Lifting & Mobility Equipment
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience. .
• General Medical Surgical Nursing Skills. Post-Surgical Care, Care of the patient with renal, pulmonary, endocrine, cardiac, neurological conditions. Adults ages 18 and up.
• 2 Years minimum experience as an RN. BSN preferred. ASN required.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
• Required RN license in the State of Indiana
• BLS American Heart Association
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
• 36 hours/week
• Night Shift, 1900-0730 (4 requests) and Day shift 0700-1930 (2 requests)
• Every other weekend.
• Every other holiday.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Home department will be the Nursing Resource Department and the manager will assign the nurse to one department for the majority of their contract. May float to a like unit. Will not float to Critical Care Unit, Emergency Department, Birthing Center, Peds, Oncology, OR or PACU.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
• 2T: Cardiac Step-Down Unit: 30 bed unit. ADC 15
• 3T: Medical/Surgical/Renal/Bariatric: 34 bed unit. ADC 20
• 4T: Medical/Surgical: 10 bed unit. ADC 10
• 5T: Orthopedic Joint & Spine Center: 15 bed unit. ADC 10
• 6T: Medical/Surgical/Gynecological 39 bed unit, ADC 24
• 7T: Acute Rehab. 18 bed unit, ADC 12
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only):
• 2T 1RN/4 Patients
• 3T 1RN/5 Patients
• 4T 1RN/5 Patients
• 5T 1RN/5 Patients
• 6T 1RN/5 Patients
• 7T 1RN/6-7 Patients
9. Dress Code:
• Navy and White Scrubs
• Closed heel and toe shoe