Please carefully review the position requirements before submitting a potential candidate for consideration.
The Marketing Communications Manager is a steward of the BD brand for Diagnostic Systems and division product portfolios. The manager collaborates with marketing to develop a communications strategy in alignment with marketing plans in order to lead the messaging, the creative process and execution of print and digital materials for commercial success. The incumbent brings to life the brand promise, vision, and position by galvanizing and inspiring the organization and customer base. The position has accountability for communications planning, and execution across various print, media, web and customer facing events. The manager will explore and recommend various media and interactive approaches for BDDS organization and product portfolios, with the objective of increased assimilation of messages across customer facing elements throughout the BDDS organization and BDDS customers.
- Responsible for the total brand experience for employees and customers.
- Leads an annual brand planning process in collaboration with and Global Marketing to determine direction and budgetary spend for brand area.
- With Marketing, defines and drives execution of brand strategy, message map and priorities for responsible market segment
- In conjunction with product management and marketing serve as the gatekeeper to the brand ensuring proper use throughout all advertising, promotions, internal publications, marketing, and any other environment in which the brand appears
- Effectively partners and collaborates with U.S. regional marketing, worldwide marketing, sales training and marketing research to ensure message assimilation and brand message consistency throughout BDDS and the marketplace.
- Responsible for divisional adherence to corporate brand/style standards liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate with marketing research for circular feedback of message assimilation internally and at the customer level.
- Manage ad agency partners when required.
- Align creative development with the corporate communications center of excellence.
- Work in close collaboration with internal brand services group for brand maintenance, printing, direct mailings, web presence, exhibition stands and workshops.
- Conducts analysis and periodical reviews of the brand competitively to ensure differentiation enhance the brand’s equity in the marketplace.
- Works with marketers to ensure promotional collateral are adprom ready.
- Assists with organization of product portfolio claims
- BA / BS degree required; MBA highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years brand management experience in a regulated industry (preferably in diagnostics, medical devices and/or pharmaceutical) or brand agency.
- Experience with writing and/or reviewing copywriting.
- Successful track record of leading brand development from creative origin to message map throughout an organization and customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to convert marketing strategies, into brand concepts and well-articulated value propositions.
- Experienced in managing external marketing partners/ad agencies.
- An energetic spirit to independently utilize organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to articulate a vision, persuade a course of action, and facilitate successful brand launch.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences both internal and external, including senior management.
- Responsible for coordinating activities across ad agency creative development, production, packaging, tradeshow brand presence.
- Flexibility to travel up to 10% of the time.
For additional details regarding submission eligibility and payment terms, please refer to your contract. Only submissions from agencies with current service contracts in place will be considered.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Does the candidate possess previous or current experience in an agency environment?
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple product portfolios. This Marcom position is more of account management similar to what an agency would do.