Residential Landscape Project Manager
STRATTON AND BRATT LANDSCAPES Pleasant Grove, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Residential Landscape Project Manager
Stratton & Bratt Landscapes, LLC (“S&B”) is seeking a Residential Construction Project Manager to lead in our Residential Construction Department. This position consists of managing the project site or multiple project sites, ensuring the quality of the projects, and making sure that the projects are completed within or below the budgeted amount of time allotted. S&B has been rapidly growing year-over-year for the last three years and is seeking a Project Manager to help continue the growth trajectory.
The Residential Project Manager reports to and is accountable to the VP of Operations who reports to the COO. Reporting to the Site Project Manager are the following:
- - Field Superintendents
- - Foreman
- - All crew members
- - All subcontractors assigned to the job
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience preferred: Ten years of commercial and residential landscape construction or similar trade with five years in a management position
- Vast knowledge and skills in the landscape construction and excavation trade
- Able to converse effectively with clients, subcontractors, and other employees
- Able to supervise and manage many crews of laborers on one large job site or many different job sites
- Must be able to set schedules and deadlines and follow schedules as established by the Estimator
- Coordinate materials, labor and equipment to produce quality work without safety violations
- Must be able to read plans/blueprints and manage the construction projects accordingly
- Current Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Operate heavy equipment effectively and efficiently
- Propose and negotiate Change Orders
- Construct projects with minimal supervision from VP of Operations
- Aids and assists in the estimating and acquisition of work contracts
- Actively engages in business development activities
As a family-owned and operated company, we understand the importance of having a strong work life balance. Our facility will provide the necessary tools and resources to perform the best way possible. This position is required to work outdoors in sometimes harsh, rigorous and, rough conditions. The projects are at times dusty, hot, cold, wet, and have loud noises.
- Responsible for the efficient, effective, economical (at or below budget) and quality operation of the project which may require weekly meetings to review schedules, cost of non-conformance items and Change Orders.
- Verifies and monitors the amount and quality of work of the Employees and Subcontractors
- Assures that all projects are completed per code, specifications, and Customer requirements. This includes mentally and physically laboring with their Crews
- Coordinates with Estimator, Purchasing Agent and Project Manager on scheduling priorities.
- Maintains a supply of all required forms for various reports.
- Interfaces and communicates with the client to ensures customer satisfaction, the proper billings and collections are taking place and handling client questions and concerns.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Makes it understood by all Employees that safety, the Customer and quality work are our number one concern in all phases of our work
- Helps fulfill S&B’s mission statement: “To build excellent people and communities.
- Coordinates with the VP of Operations before the startup of the project and throughout the project.
- MUST maintain, on a daily basis, a journal of all activities.
- Guarantees S&B Management that all activity will be in compliance with the laws and statutes of the various governmental agencies.
- Responsible for accurate and timely labor charges for each project.
- Instructs all Employees that report to this position with clear, concise information and make sure the individual receiving them understands the instructions.
- Ensures that the work area is kept safe, clean, and organized. This includes keeping work trailers and trucks clean organized.
- Responsible to see that all materials, supplies, equipment, tools and manpower, and Subcontractors for the job are on site when needed. This requires Supervisor to request these needs soon enough for others, e.g. Purchase Agent, etc. to meet those needs.
- Assigns Employees reporting to him to specific tasks, schedules, and time allotted to complete those tasks.
- Responsible for the security and safekeeping of all Company equipment, tools, supplies and materials assigned to the project.
- Promotes the training of all Employees working with him or her especially lead persons.
- Responsible to keep a daily punch list and for the completion of the punch list in a timely manner and see that all items have been covered. Completed punch list to be signed and turned over to the Project Manager upon completion of the project.
- Responsible to see that all T&M hours are tracked and signed for on a daily basis.
- Assures that all Field Orders and changes are written properly and signed by the Owner or Owner’s representative (even when there is not a cost change).
- Conducts weekly “toolbox” meetings with all Crew Members every Monday morning.
- Maintains on a daily basis the cost of non-conformance items by material list and hours and turn into the Project Manager at the end of the week or upon request.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the prints and spec books and assure Management that all work is being accomplished per these prints and specs including all general and testing requirements.
- Ensures that quality work is performed by Subcontractors according to specifications and plans.
- Must review on a daily basis all work completed for that day for quality workmanship per the quality control procedures of the company.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations on all employees that report to Project Manager at least once per year or as Management requests.
- Coordinates the material delivery and Subcontractor schedules in a timely manner so as to not impact the overall project completion schedule.
- Performs any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the VP of Operations.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- S&B pays for 100% of the employee's base plan premium
- $50,000 life insurance policy for employee, $5,000 policy for spouse and $1,000 per child
- Paid 100% by S&B
- Offsite accident plan for employee
- Paid 100% by S&B
- Paid holidays and vacation
Other Available benefits:
- Vision insurance for employee and family
- Dental insurance for employee and family
- Health Savings Account for employee and family
- Offsite accident plan for employee's family
STRATTON AND BRATT LANDSCAPES
AddressPleasant Grove, UT
ConstructionView all jobs at STRATTON AND BRATT LANDSCAPES