Senior Systems Engineer (MBSE)
- Posted: over a month ago
STR is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer (MBSE) in our Woburn, MA office (other locations: Dayton, OH & Arlington, VA) to work across a broad portfolio of DoD mission areas. The Systems Engineer should have experience architecting systems, working across the Systems Engineering Lifecycle, and have experience in Digital Engineering/ModelBased Systems Engineering (MBSE) achieving architectural integrity and traceability from requirements analysis through system and software development through production system deployment.
This position offers the opportunity to work with leading domain experts in sensors development and cyber security and will incorporate MBSE tools and techniques. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Systems Engineering techniques, Modeling and Simulation, and Digital Engineering/MBSE and be excited about opportunities to mentor more junior staff and help foster growth of subject matter expertise across the organization.
In addition to modeling in SysML, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for implementing customization and automation techniques offered by Cameo to enable multi-disciplinary programs to comply with DoD Digital Engineering goals. Proficiency in one or more high-level language (C/C++, Java, Python) is highly desired.
The Systems Engineer should have experience implementing a rigorous MBSE approach to develop DoD systems. New programs at STR will be looking to adopt agile approaches that incorporate model-based requirements management and traceability with software development. This position is well suited for a Systems Engineer with a software development background who is interested in improving the state of the practice and demonstrating the advantages that MBSE can offer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading development programs through the Systems Engineering process using MBSE approaches that support DoD Digital Engineering goals
- Implementing rigorous MBSE approaches using SysML in Cameo (MagicDraw)
- Providing mentorship and training of Systems Engineers on the use of MBSE
- Working closely with domain experts and software development teams to realize program designs and digital engineering goals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- BS, MS or PhD in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related technical field
- Technical Project Lead experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with SysML models in Cameo (or similar tool)
- Experience working with software-intensive systems and open architecture
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- 5+ years experience in architecting systems using system modelling tools
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas is desirable; Radar, Electronic Warfare, Acoustic, Antenna Apertures, Sensor Resource Management, Sea/Air/Space, Large-Scale Platform Test Systems, Cyber Physical Systems, Open System Architectures (UCI, OMS, COARPS)
- Proficiency in Java, C/C++ or Python
- Agile software development experience
- Familiarity with specific government open architectures (e.g., Open Mission Systems)
All STR employees may be subject to COVID-19 vaccination requirement in response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by STR.
STR is a growing technology company with locations near Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, near Dayton, OH, Palm Bay, FL, and Carlsbad, CA. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security in: cyber; next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare; and artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, and we go home at night knowing that we pushed the envelope of technology and made the world safer.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at email@example.com and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.
TechnologyView all jobs at STR