Senior Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sensors Division at STR focuses on technology development for advanced sensor systems, particularly in the areas of airborne/surface-based radar, electronic warfare, underwater acoustics, hyperspectral imaging, and EO/IR sensing. Within this role, we perform work on full system prototypes, experiment campaigns and technology component development. Particular development roles within the Sensors Division include RF analog/digital hardware, acoustic hardware, signal processing algorithms, machine learning algorithms, tracking/fusion, as well as real-time embedded processor implementation.
The Advanced Architectures and Algorithms (AAA) Group within the Sensors Division develops advanced signal processing and waveforms, machine learning, tracking/fusion algorithms, and resource management algorithms for next-generation ground-based, airborne, and space-based radar systems and EO/IR systems. We implement and deploy these algorithms onto prototype demonstration systems as well as operational systems. The groups main customer focus is on Air Force and DARPA research programs.
The AAA Group is seeking a Program Manager with a highly technical, RF-focused engineering background to manage an R&D portfolio of programs focused on future multi-function RF remote sensing systems. You will manage multi-disciplinary teams of researchers, scientists, and engineers spread across multiple STR campuses to meet cost, schedule, and performance objectives on innovative, complex, and challenging national security programs. Your areas of specific focus will include building and executing programmatic baselines, including personnel, deliverables, and subcontractor management plans while anticipating risks, resolving resource, security, and contracting challenges, and meeting or managing customer, sponsor, and leadership expectations.
A successful candidate will have recent and significant program manager experience in several of the following areas: radar systems, RF remote sensing, modeling and simulation, test & evaluation, hardware design, software architecture, antennas, RF receive chains, resource management, signal processing, and/or communications. This position requires competency in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, briefing senior leadership, cultivating positive, collaborative, and productive work environments, and a strong proficiency in all aspects of program management. Strong interpersonal, communication, mentorship, and peer-leadership skills are also required.
- Effectively execute multiple programs ensuring cost, schedule and technical program metrics are being tracked and within plan.
- Leading proposals by providing expertise in proposal development while ensuring adherence to a gated capture process.
- Creating Subcontractor statements of work and manage/track Subcontractors to ensure proper execution.
- Leading multi-functional teams.
- Providing regular program briefs to Group and Division Leadership.
- Creating and maintain an environment that fosters collaboration by giving clear direction and constructive feedback to the team
- Monitoring progress against goals: anticipate risks, resolve issues, and initiate corrective actions as appropriate.
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret or Top Secret level
- Technical Masters Degree and minimum of 15 years of prior relevant experience in Government contracting or research and development (R&D).
- Program Manager or Control Account Manager experience in a design and development and/or build contract including Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) definition, schedule generation, financial analysis/reporting, and resource management.
- Experience in Proposal Management including planning and cost estimation
- Experience managing projects larger than $20M for the Department of Defense.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Successful experience in leading and managing multi-discipline teams
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Experience with advanced RF system concepts, multi-dimensional signal processing, space-based sensing systems, and multi-function phased array apertures
- Experience with Ground-based, Airborne, and/or Space-based RF remote sensing systems
- Work Experience in government, FFRDC, or defense industry companies and sponsors
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
- Risk and Opportunity Management experience
- Experience managing Research and Development programs
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
STR is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us. Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at email@example.com and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.
BusinessView all jobs at STR
Get fresh Advanced Technologies jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.