- Posted: over a month ago
STR is seeking a Program Manager to join our System Development Divisions Program Management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively execute multiple key programs to ensure cost, schedule and technical program metrics are being tracked and within plan.
- Providing expertise in proposal development by leading the capture and proposal writing/delivery while ensuring adherence to gated capture process.
- Creating Subcontractor statements of work and manage/track Subcontractors to ensure proper execution.
- Leading multi-functional teams.
- Providing regular program briefs to System Development Division Leadership.
- Creating and maintain an environment that fosters collaboration by giving clear direction and constructive feedback to the team
- Monitoring progress against goals: anticipate risks, resolve issues, and initiate corrective actions as appropriate.
- Active Secret Clearance (Active Top Secret Clearance preferred)
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience in Government contracting or research and development (R&D).
- Program Manager or Control Account Manager experience in a design and development and/or build contract including Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) definition, schedule generation, financial analysis/reporting, and resource management.
- Experience in Proposal Management including planning and cost estimation
- Experience managing projects larger than $20M for the Department of Defense.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Successful experience in leading and managing multi-discipline teams
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Space, Air, and/or Undersea missions
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Experience managing Research and Development programs
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
STR employees may be subject to COVID-19 vaccination requirement in response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by STR.
STR is a growing technology company with locations near Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, near Dayton, OH, Melbourne, FL, and Carlsbad, CA. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security in: cyber, next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare; and artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, and we go home at night knowing that we pushed the envelope of technology and made the world safer.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at email@example.com and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.
BusinessView all jobs at STR