Lead Radar Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
The Multi-function RF Systems (MRFS) Group within the Systems Development Division designs, develops, and delivers low-cost, highly capable Multi-function RF systems to address the warfighter needs (Land, Sea, Air, and Space). The Multifunction RF Systems Group focuses on technology development for advanced and multi-function sensor systems, particularly in the areas of radar, cyber/electronic warfare, and threat emulators. Within this role, we perform work at full system prototypes, experiment campaigns and technology component development.
The MRFS Group is seeking a Radar Systems engineer to lead the design, development and implementation of multi-function Radar systems. You will collaborate with fellow researchers and engineers on multi-disciplinary teams spread across multiple STR campuses, groups, divisions, and with industry partners to understand customer objectives and develop innovative solutions to complex and challenging national security problems. Your areas of specific focus will include exploration and demonstration of radar, communications, and EW/RF convergence.
Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills. We are a growth-oriented organization committed to and passionate about supporting our nations warfighters. You will be joining a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career. This group provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of MRFS radar programs.
- Understanding of advanced radar systems data and discovery of patterns in data for exploitation
- Researching and leading new RF sensing and processing concepts and techniques
- Maturation of algorithms and verification of accuracy performance; includes documentation of solution for subsequence development
- Developing technical solutions and leading tasks as part of a small, focused team to architect, develop, implement, and test real-time applications featuring open architecture software principles
- Architecting and developing real-time systems in C/C++ from verified algorithms written in higher-level languages. Includes identifying and designing benchmarks, and optimizing software to fit within Size Weight and Power (SWaP) constraints
- Designing, overseeing, and developing real-time hardware/software interfaces, communication infrastructure, and signal processing abstraction libraries for deployment in active prototypes
- Peer-reviewing and testing software artifacts for compliance within requirements and the given open architecture infrastructure
- Minimum of 10 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Understanding of Radar systems and their principles of design, development, requirements verification, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
- Familiarity with the execution of technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMS) and Independent Reviews (IRs) for gates
- Strong Leadership qualities to include; communication, integrity, judgment, coordination, influence
- Actively engages, drives change to achieve execution excellence and solve critical issues
- Examples of leading a technical team in development efforts
- Mentoring and providing career development direction to junior engineers
- Must have an existing Active Secret and have ability to readily obtain Special Access security clearances
- MS Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Radar system architecture, Design, Hardware Integration, and Test.
- Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
- Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Proposal development and authoring technical volumes
- Technical mentoring as subject matter expert in Radar Systems
- PhD Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline.
All STR employees may be subject to COVID-19 vaccination requirement in response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by STR.
STR is a growing technology company with locations near Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, near Dayton, OH, Melbourne, FL, and Carlsbad, CA. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security in: cyber; next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare; and artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, and we go home at night knowing that we pushed the envelope of technology and made the world safer.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.
ManufacturingView all jobs at STR