Stor-N-Lock Self Storage, with 22 locations in the western U.S., has an opening in Salt Lake City, UT for an Assistant Store Manager (32-40 hours a week) to assist with the operations of a storage facility. We are looking for driven, motivated self-starters that enjoy building rapport with customers and solving their storage needs.
At Stor-N-Lock Self Storage, the role of the Assistant Store Manager is an integral part of creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for our customers, providing a clean and safe place to work, and connecting with our customers to identify their needs and to surpass their expectations. Stor-N-Lock Self Storage is looking for people that have a high level of engagement, the ability to adapt to a variety of customer personalities, and the desire to love what they do with the utmost integrity. If this sounds like you and want to join a great organization, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Successful Assistant Store Managers achieve financial objectives by:
- Managing cash with precision and balancing receipts, conducting collection efforts, posting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely as well as maintaining accurate records.
- As an Assistant Store Manager, you’ll contribute to the property’s success by showing and leasing self-storage units.
- You will handle customer inquiries (whether by telephone or in person)
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement aggressive off-site marketing programs based on competitor information and your own great ideas.
- Our Assistant Store Managers consistently provide excellent customer service by welcoming customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Our customers are what makes our business possible. You will get to build a dedicated customer base by providing great customer experiences and surpassing customer expectations.
- You will get the opportunity to sell high quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving/packing supplies.
- Fortunately, our Assistant Store Managers aren’t stuck inside an office all day. They enjoy working outdoors. Assistant Store Managers spend about half of their time out on the property walking and tending to the facility to ensure it is kept to a high cleanliness standard. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Assistant Store Managers are required to perform at a high level with minimal supervision, but also are team oriented.
- As an Assistant Store Manager, you will manage the day to day operations of the business in absence of the Store Manager by utilizing industry specific software.
- Successful Assistant Store Managers must have strong sales and customer service skills
- Candidates could have experience from various fields such as retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, and other customer focused sales roles
- Energetic, outgoing, customer-oriented personality with the ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Prior leadership roles and experience is preferred
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus.
- Ability to perform light maintenance
- Strong Computer Skills
- Minimum two-year Customer Service and/or Sales experience
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
- Competitive wage and performance bonuses
- IRA program with company match
- A rewarding work environment
- Great company culture