Assistant Manager at STONE SPORTS
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
Stone Sports in Las Vegas, NV is looking for an assistant manager to join our team. We are located on 4965 S Ft. Apache Rd #104. Our ideal candidate is attentive, kind, passionate about water safety, and reliable.
- The Assistant Manager works as part of a leadership safety team to complete all duties related to the Swim programs at Stone Sports and ensure continued success and growth of the program. The Assistant Manager will develop, manage, and lead a team to ensure a safe, clean, and appealing aquatics facility. This shift would be 30 hours or more a week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership of staff members, including; maintaining appropriate staffing levels for the facility.
- Coach, counsel, and review all aquatics staff as appropriate. Conduct regular check-in meetings with individual staff.
- Oversee day-to-day supervision of aquatics staff and aquatics programming.
- Observe lessons and provide a feedback loop for staff which encourages growth and open communication.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, using tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflict.
- Communicate with Aquatics Director and Register regarding swimmer registration, class placements, and parent/caregiver comments and concerns.
- Coordinate with other leadership on seasonal events, information nights, handouts and brochures, and scheduling of meets and other events.
- Maintain an active presence to parents and members through meet-and-greets and parent communication.
- Ensure all swim staff certifications are current.
- Act as lifeguard/ deck safety when needed to prosper a safe environment to teach.
- Minimum Age of 18 years old
- Other hours (coaching, teaching swim lessons, Lifeguarding, and Registration) to be determined based on department needs.
- Able to pass a background check
- Additional hours during high volume weeks including registration periods, swimmer evaluation periods and staff vacations.
- 2-4 years related program experience
- Favored 2-4 years related program experience, Bachelor degree and 2-4 years supervising/managing staff
- Current First Aid, CPR/AED and lifeguard certification needed within 30 days of hiring
- Exemplary organization and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer-service background
MUST HAVE A SWIMMING BACKGROUND AND BE PROFICIENT IN ALL STROKES!
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $16.50/hour.
About STONE SPORTS: Stone Sports is a Las Vegas-oriented swim school, scuba certification agency, and ski gear supplier. Learn more about us at http://www.stonesports.net.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
RetailView all jobs at STONE SPORTS