Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst (IT) - Entry Level
STO Bethlehem, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Position: Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Innovative Control Systems (ICS) is part of OPW VWS, a leader in the Vehicle Wash Manufacturing industry. ICS brings expertise and technology leadership in POS MGT Systems, Payment Terminals, Car Wash Controllers, Accessories, and other Car Wash Equipment. We have an immediate need for a Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst at our Bethlehem offices. Excellent benefits package with health, dental, vision, disability & life insurance. Paid time off, including community service days as well as an on-site Cafeteria and Employee Fitness Center.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for testing proprietary Windows-based applications and embedded systems. The Jr. QA Analyst will verify field reported problems in the test lab and supply product information to the technical writing staff to facilitate the creation of documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Follows instructions accurately to conduct tests that ensure the application/system performs properly according to design/end-user specifications and requirements on all projects.
· Handles multiple projects simultaneously, learns new applications quickly, and tests on a variety of platforms.
· Supports in the development of test plans, scenarios, and cases used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge to ensure they function properly.
· Assists in the design and development automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
· Documents test results, release notes and troubleshooting guide needed for field support.
· Documents detailed steps involved in reproducing a problem which will be helpful for development.
· Clearly communicates testing and project status.
· Training and providing help for support on new products and features.
· Work with support department in troubleshooting field issues that may arise.
· Complies with/enforces standards and regularly participates in process improvement activities.
· Has the ability to work in a team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
· Strong troubleshooting skills driven by a logical methodical approach
· Highly organized with strong record keeping/documenting skills
· Skill set should include the various Windows platforms, IIS, Web services, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio / .NET Framework, networking concepts, knowledge of Web Services, Client / Server Applications
· Prepare test plans and test cases for software applications as per requirements.
· Experience in testing Web based applications.
· Experience in automation test tools such as Selenium or other
· Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Strong comprehension of quality assurance testing
· The ability to perform all of the regular functions commonly required in quality assurance testing
· Knowledge of electronic hardware, electrical circuits, and AC/DC components
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office
· Good organizational and verbal communication skills
· Hands on experience with MS-SQL commands, stored procedures and triggers
· Knowledge of general troubleshooting techniques on Windows PC, Single Board Computer and Embedded boards
· Working knowledge of bug reporting systems
· Having worked in a fast paced changing environment
Since 1948, STO has been providing innovative solutions for the transportation industry. We are fleet specialists and focus our business in the commercial truck tire and commercial lubricant fields.
81 Highland Avenue Bethlehem PA 18017Bethlehem, PA
TechnologyView all jobs at STO