STL is looking for an experience AutoCAD Drafter for a Professional Engineering firm in Peoria, IL. This firm specializes in Civil, Transportation, Hydraulic, Structural, Construction, Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, and Landscape Architecture services. The firm brings a Client-focused approach to projects and due to increasing business needs they are looking for an AutoCAD Drafter to assist in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing models.
In this role, you will be required to meet with engineers to discuss design concepts for CAD models, develop product designs, and generate Surface or Solid software models for building and facilities systems. To ensure success as an AutoCAD Drafter, you should have extensive experience working with AutoCAD software, advanced design skills regarding building systems, and a keen eye for detail.
AutoCAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Meeting with architects, designers, and engineers to discuss building system design ideas.
- Developing Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing product designs from scratch.
- Presenting rough design drafts for client approval.
- Ensuring product designs meet required safety and structural standards.
- Generating Solid and Surface CAD models using AutoCAD software.
- Blending technique and aesthetics to create final designs.
- Presenting various design perspectives for construction improvements and adaptations.
- Finalizing AutoCAD models.
- Presenting models to clients.
- Completing job reports.
AutoCAD Drafter Requirements:
- Experience drafting for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing
- Experience drafting for Building and Facilities Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Architectural Studies.
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD Drafter.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Advanced knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, and Architecture.
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations.
- Excellent technical design skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Ability to project manage.
We have access to many of those jobs right now, available at any sized business, in multiple industries.
If you don't find your perfect match here, our recruiters can research the best possible matches to help you find employment quickly.