Managing / Senior IT Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
STIGroup is a Consulting, Engineering and Managed Services firm that performs a variety of services, including Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Project Management, and Human Resource Services. We have customers located throughout the Northeast, with a concentration in the NYC area.
Our IT practice focuses on the design, implementation, and support of on-premise and cloud infrastructure and systems, as well as end user technologies.
We are looking for a full time, salaried senior level staff engineer to join our team. In addition to the execution of technical services, the role for this individual will be to manage the day to day operations of the technology projects, and operations team and ensure that the team’s service delivery exceeds documented service level agreements. In this role, you will be required to manage people as well as execute on service delivery.
STIGroup is a cybersecurity first organization and the technology team is expected to be fluent with IT security best practices.
Managing Senior IT Engineer
STIGroup, Ltd. is looking for an experienced IT professional to fill an immediate opening for a Managing Senior IT Engineer position.
- Oversight of project and operations team services delivered
- Identification of new trends and opportunities and collaboratively works with the leadership team on strategy and vision
- Establishment and implementation of best practices with your technical team effectively
- Working with the leadership team to develop, enhance and maintain effective reporting, dashboards and that track and measure performance of IT operations
- Managing of customer account activity using metrics and reports while reviewing budgets, costs, vendor management, timelines, and risks
Ideal candidates will possess significant experience and certifications around any of the following technologies:
- Cloud design, engineering, support, and migration experience
- Microsoft technologies (i.e., Azure, Microsoft 365 Services such as Exchange Online, SharePoint, etc., Active Directory, Windows Server, SQL, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- MSP toolsets such as RMM platforms
- Scripting and automation experience
- Systems and networking troubleshooting experience
- Virtualization platforms (VMware, etc.)
- Experienced with managing and implementing Backup technologies including: On-Premise and offsite backup solutions
- SAN environments that include Fiber Channel and iSCSI technologies
- Storage platform technologies
- Mentoring and professional development of technology team members
- Oversight for team member activity; ensuring that team members are spending the appropriate levels of time and effort with assigned customers, on the appropriate activities, to drive desired end goals
- Participation in hire and termination decisions for the technology team
- Annual Performance Reviews to drive recognition and to enforce what team members are doing right, and coaching them in areas to be developed
- Help develop a collaborative culture with all other functional areas within STIGroup that technology interfaces with, including sales, technical presales, professional services, and operations
- Point of executive escalation for customer issues and communication
- Sit in on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly status/business reviews technology customers
- Ensure that STIGroup customers are receiving an excellent services experience that exceeds expectations
- Weekly reviews of KPIs that are critical to the health of the technology practice’s business
- Monthly reviews of key operational data
- Leading necessary adjustments to ensure that STIGroup Services drive high levels of customer satisfaction and value, team member engagement and satisfaction, and profitability and growth
- Provide final review for technology practice services quotes
- Provide presales assistance as needed
- Assist Solutions Architects as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with any of the technologies outlined above
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude about Customer Service
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to work at a variety of different customer locations and environments
- Type at least 40 words per minute.
- Be able to work sitting down at a desk with a computer for long lengths of time.
- Be able to work after hours or on weekends from time to time.
STIGroup offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits program including medical coverage, paid holiday, vacation time and 401 (k) plan. We provide an environment that supports professional growth and opportunity for advancement.
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Full Corporate Benefit Plan – Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401k Plan
STIGroup, Ltd.Glen Rock, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.