- Posted: over a month ago
STIGroup is an Information Security & Infrastructure Consulting firm with Clients located around the country but concentrated in the New York City area. We provide strategic Information Security & Infrastructure consulting services for our Clients as well as technical design, implementation, and support services for a variety of networking, system, and security technologies.
We are looking for a full time, salaried Linux/Cloud Engineer to join our team. The role for this individual will be to support secure Cloud architectures with a focus on Linux platforms and DevOps automation. Responsibilities will include various system, network, and security support, operations, and monitoring services as well as project-based consulting involving technology implementation and documentation. This individual will work with, and learn from, a team of professionals that is among the most talented and experienced in the industry. Consultants at STIGroup are encouraged to learn and grow, as professionals at a very aggressive pace; talent and dedication are essential.
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills, a passion for learning and understanding systems and operations automation and orchestration.
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to complete Tasks and or Projects within Time and Budget
- Ability to work independently as well as interactively with other team members is essential
- Working knowledge and experience with at least some of the following:
- Linux system design and administration (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, patching, log analysis, performance tuning, etc.)
- AWS Cloud platform design and administration (compute, storage, DB, migration, network & content delivery services, etc.)
- Scripting (Shell, Python, etc.)
- Caching (Varnish, Memcached, etc.)
- Web server platforms (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Storage platforms (MySQL, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Log tools (Syslog, Logstash, Kibana, etc.)
- Automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Monitoring tools (Nagios, MRTG, etc.)
- Security tools (SELinux, IPTables, OSSEC, etc.)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues in complex, multi-tier application architectures
- Implement Linux and Cloud systems with automation tools
- Cloud and traditional application architecture design, planning, assessment, and remediation around monitoring, operations, backups, logging, security, administration, disaster recovery, high availability, configuration management, automation, performance, capacity planning, etc.
- Participate in Client application and architecture planning and development processes (both continuous and project based)
- Perform ongoing system and cloud related administration tasks
- Perform system and application log review and analysis in the context of operations and security
- Implement and maintain automation solutions to make sure that no repetitive tasks need to be done manually
- Minimum of a 2 year IT related degree and 4 years of production systems administration/support
- Will consider work experience in lieu of education requirements on an individual basis
- Hands-on technology implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, have excellent follow-up skills, provide detailed documentation, and be able to work effectively and independently
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Type at least 40 words per minute
- Be able to work sitting down at a desk with a computer for long lengths of time
- Be able to work after hours or on weekends
AddressGlen Rock, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?