IT Support Engineer
Glen Rock, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a full time, IT Support Engineer to join our team and work on a dedicated client assignment. The initial role for this individual will be hybrid - a combination of remote and onsite as agreed to by the client and candidate.
The IT support engineer will have experience with at least some of, and be responsible for, the following:
- Desktop support including MacOS and Windows OS
- User and computer provisioning
- Basic system and Cloud SaaS platform user administration
- Okta administration (entry level)
- Google Workspace (entry level)
- Microsoft 365 (entry level)
- Assist and participate in other IT and Cybersecurity work as time permits
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to complete Tasks and or Projects within Time and Budget
- Ability to work independently as well as interactively with other team members is essential
- Ability to think critically and without supervision.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow up.
- Very attentive and detail-oriented.
- Candidate must be client-focused, comfortable interfacing with clients and able to maintain a high level of service.
- Good understanding of the client's organization goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to understand and exhibit sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand what ownership means and to take ownership of responsibilities / tasks / clients that have been delegated by management.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues relating to workstation OS, end user applications/SaaS platforms
- Provide tier1/tier2 end user support
- Provide clients with various technical services pertaining to networks, remote access and virtualization, communications, and Internet connectivity solutions
- Interact directly and effectively with clients; communication, presentable appearance and interpersonal skills are essential
- Minimum of a 2 year IT related degree and 2 years of entry-level desktop/server support
- Ideal candidate has MacOS and Windows desktop support experience, Okta experience a plus
- Hands-on technology implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, have excellent follow-up skills, provide detailed documentation, and be able to work effectively and independently
- Customer Service focused with the ability to make customer happy while keeping within Time, Budget within Contractual Agreements / SLAs and not sacrificing Information Security standards either internally or at the client level
- Be able to work after hours or on weekends from time to time.
- Ability to travel, be dispatched to, and work from client sites either by car or public transportation.
AddressGlen Rock, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?