A Medical Billing Specialist performs billing and accounts receivable recording, reporting and collecting for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance and Private Pay.
- Maintain data files received from client in an organized way.
- Submission and verification of electronic insurance claims.
- Editing of electronic insurance claim denials for resubmission.
- Production and mailing of paper claims w/ necessary attachments.
- Processing of appeals to facilitate claim denials.
- Production and mailing of secondary claims with EOBs attached.
- Production and review of electronic patient statements.
- Coordination of patient account collection agency activity.
- Posting and balancing of payments received.
- Processing of patient and insurance refunds.
- Processing of returned patients checks.
- Working the aged accounts receivable report to follow up on past due claims.
- Production of end-of-month financial reports for managerial review.
- Production of specialty requested reports as needed.
- Assisting clients with credentialing issues and fee schedule renegotiations.
- Providing coding guidance as needed (CPCs on staff)
- Providing telephone/email support for physicians and patients as needed.
- Must have two years of applied experience in billing, healthcare field, Cardiology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Private Insurance billing regulations preferred.
- Strong computing and software skills (PC, MSWord, Excel, Outlook).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a robust benefit package, competitive salary and a flexible work schedule!