Accounting Manager (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our people are 100% committed to delivering the best service in the logistics industry. At STG, we invest in our team members, ensuring that they are the most highly trained, tech-savvy, and customer centric individuals possible.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be an integral leader of the Corporate Accounting team and will be challenged to think outside the box to seek solutions and drive process improvements. While maintaining responsibility for a wide variety of accounting duties, you will help drive a closer partnership with our broader Finance team and operations, maintain the accuracy and safeguarding of the company’s financials, and provide guidance and mentorship to team members. This role is an ideal fit for a motivated self-starter and a consummate team player who thrives in a dynamic growth environment.
**REMOTE role but must reside in Chicago, IL area**
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Own accounting for fixed assets and lease areas, including fixed assets roll forward, construction in progress, operating and financing leases. Partner closely with operations and treasury to better understand and improve processes.
- Lead and develop one senior and staff accountant.
- Oversee and complete all tasks necessary for the general ledger close at each period-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting cycle timely and accurately. Assist with other areas outside main responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles. Identify areas of improvement related to internal controls
- Develop and implement process improvements with the goal of streamlining month-end close process while maintaining high quality and accuracy
- Research and understand new accounting standards as needed, providing guidance on impact to processes throughout the business
- Work cross-functionally on projects and initiatives. Complete ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Analyze financial information and provide explanations to upper management
- Assist with annual external audit and financial reporting
- Assist with acquisitions and integrations, as needed
STG Logistics reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
WHAT YOU BRING:
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail while helping drive the big picture
- Self-driven curiosity to ask questions and seek understanding
- Ability to lead through and adapt to new processes and challenges
- Effective relationship building skills and communication with team members of all levels
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new systems
- Background of strong character, integrity, leadership, and sound decision-making
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently, managing time and prioritizing tasks effectively
Education and experience:
5+ years of accounting or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA, MBA preferred. Experience with fixed assets, ASC 842, internally developed software, financial reporting, and ERP implementations a plus.
- At least 6 years in a Leadership role
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY:
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- Why you want to be a part of the STG Logistics team
STG Logistics is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status. We invite you to join our diverse & growing team.
STG Logistics, Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at STG Logistics, Inc