Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
STGi is currently seeking qualified candidates to support our Wellness and Health Promotion Services contract with Federal Occupational Health as a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist in Silver Spring, Maryland at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. This position may require you to travel and occasionally board ships.
This position is on-site.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall subject matter expertise for maintenance and improvement of the fitness and body composition policies
- Design educational, promotional, and behavioral change initiatives for improving physical fitness and compliance with fitness policy
- Provide nutrition training for ship stewards (chefs onboard ships)
- Provide case management for individual officers to aid compliance with body composition requirements:
Handle body composition assessments
Track compliance/noncompliance records
Nutrition counseling that promotes weight loss
Tailored or adaptive exercise plans that promote weight loss
Handle medical waiver requests
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise participants on nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials, such as seminars, webinars, newsletters, wellness challenges or achievement programs, reports, bulletins, and visual aids, to address nutrition, behavioral and emotional health, fitness and other public health concerns.
- Provides direct service to program participants that may include health coaching, body composition analysis, or other health assessments.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with federal agency POC's under direction of federal manager.
- Maintain databases, email distribution lists, and other information to facilitate the functioning of their programs.
- Document activities and record information, such as program utilization and number of attendees, presentations conducted, or persons assisted.
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs for federal employees.
- Collaborate with other Fedstrive health educators to determine and develop wellness programs and health education to meet needs of FOH Wellness and Health Promotion Services (WHPS) programs.
- Develop, conduct, or coordinate health needs assessments and other public health surveys.
- Report all privacy and security breaches immediately according to FOH and HHS policy.
- Works on agency agreement, as assigned by the supervisor.
Staffing and Reporting Relationships
- Be on time to work, work all designated hours, request leave in timely fashion.
- Request leave according to specified timeframes.
- Adhere to telework policy when permitted.
- Create a climate of trust, accountability, and professionalism. Report to supervisor staffing problems which can affect productivity / morale.
- Identify and report problems to supervisor with hardware, telecommunications or other issues impacting duties.
- Fully knowledgeable and proficient in IT systems, for database tracking and other deliverables
- Attends training on IT systems, both initially and with updates; asks for help when needed.
- Completes mandatory IT training by specified deadlines.
- Inform supervisor of IT and other equipment needs, particularly those that prevent completing projects within specified deadlines.
- Manage customer/agency complaints professionally with feedback within 48 hours of receipt. Determine whether upper management involvement needed during any point of process and refer in 24 hours.
- Respond to customer complaints, issues, and requests regarding FOH service within 24 hours. Follow outstanding issues to resolution in a timely manner. Escalate issues as appropriate and directed by supervisor.
- Must be highly organized
- Must be able to assign tasks and delegate work efficiently.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Appropriately escalates problems or resource issues for resolution.
- Develops/maintains effective procedures for communicating with staff.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Minimum Education Requirements/Certification/Licensure/Experience:
- Bachelor degree or minimum of 3 years' experience in a wellness, health promotion and/or healthcare related field.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers acompetitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Get fresh Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.