STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for the Behavioral Health Technician position to work full-time providing medical care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.INTRODUCTION
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health care.
IHSC’s mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of individuals in the custody of ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on nationally recognized correctional, detention and residential health care standards. The Agency is committed to providing healthcare services to protect the nation’s health, reduce global disease and provide medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement and removal of detained individuals involved in immigration proceedings. IHSC is committed to ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous surveillance and monitoring activities.ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated cultural awareness
- Spanish-speaking candidates are preferred, but not required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Minimum Associate degree in a behavioral science/specialty field, and; Minimum of two years of work experience in a mental health clinic or residential healthcare setting. REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Must obtain American Association of Psychiatric Technicians (AAPT) certification at level three within 12 months of hire.
- Maintains current certification in either the American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS) or the American Red Cross CPR/BLS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge regarding therapeutic communication and psychiatric recovery and rehabilitation skills.
- Ability to conduct clinical mental health screenings.
- Ability to facilitate skill building exercises, patient safety and wellness processing groups.
- Ability to coordinate instructional recreational activities.
- Ability to communicate with cultural awareness and respond to the unique needs of members of diverse populations.
- Ability to navigate electronic health records, web-based training and communications.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and take direction in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient health records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Moderate proficiency in common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the clinical direction of a licensed Behavioral Health Provider assists in:
- providing direct services to assigned population;
- health data collection;
- observations of behaviors and wellness checks;
- prompting as needed with activities of daily living;
- health and general program education and patient support;
- patient safety and risk monitoring;
- observation of patient’s behaviors during all programming and recreation activities;
- Maintains a basic knowledge of behavioral health interventions including psychotropic medications and awarene