- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
STEM Coding Lab, Inc. (SCL) is looking for a Full-Time Teacher for its in-school and afterschool programs. We are looking for someone who cares about children, who wants to make a difference in their lives through providing educational opportunity and who wants to be part of a growing nonprofit in Pittsburgh, PA.
STEM Coding Lab’s mission is to provide children in underserved communities, access to computer science education to better prepare them to compete in the digital world. Through fun, engaging, hands-on activities we bring computer programming to elementary & middle school students (K-8).
We are looking for an educator with enjoys spending time with children, has knowledge of classroom management and computer science and who is as passionate about providing this opportunity to children as we are. We are looking for an educator who shares our vision – a world where all children have the same opportunity to succeed regardless of income levels.
STEM Coding Lab provides both in-school and after school computer programming (coding) classes to students in grades K-8. We work with the Pittsburgh Public School District, charter schools, other area public schools & many nonprofits. Applicants must have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent classroom experience
· Experience in an educational setting
· Good Communicator
· Good Collaborator
· Value the importance of building relationships
· Computer science background/or the willingness to learn computer programming
· Reliable transportation
Preferred Experience in:
· Teaching in an urban setting
· Experience in writing lesson plans
· Code.org., Scratch or CS First curriculum
· Somewhat Tech savvy (experience with Smartboards, Projectors, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have a background in education and computer science, he/she will be a self-starter, comfortable working with others and alone.
STEM Coding Lab, Inc.
800 Vinial StreetPittsburgh, PA
Get fresh Lab Teaching jobs daily straight to your inbox!