STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members' lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Administrative Support Manager ensures high-level administrative service is provided to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors by overseeing the planning, organizing and implementation of efficient workflows and effective support systems. This position leads the administrative support staff and front desk reception at STCU's headquarters building.
Administrative Support Leadership
- Oversee administrative support for the Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and Audit Committee. Primary functions supported by the administrative team include planning and taking notes at committee meetings, scheduling business trips, managing calendars, scheduling events/meetings, and creating documents and reports.
- Ensure administrative responsibilities are completed for the Board of Directors and associated committees such as Audit Committee, Finance/Risk Committee, and the Board Governance Committee.
- Receive and manage requests from the Leadership Team to complete miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Create and manage a schedule to ensure STCU organizational policies are regularly reviewed, updated and approved. Provide assistance to content providers as needed for policy review and maintenance.
- Maintain overall Directors Desk environment including user maintenance, training, and vendor relationship.
- Facilitate the Board of Directors and Audit Committee annual election process. Includes coordination with Marketing, the Nominating Committee, and IT to complete tasks related to potential candidates, the election process, and post-election.
- Allocate and manage resources to provide day to day administrative support and front desk coverage.
- Provide backup to administrative support team members in order to provide uninterrupted service to the Leadership Team and Board.
Team Development and Leadership
- Manage the performance, training requirements and professional development of employees, including planning, needs assessments, design and development and evaluation of leadership skills.
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals, increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
- Communicate department direction and enable team members to perform at the highest standards.
- Supervise the department/staff to include delegation of work assignments, coaching and feedback, rewards and recognition, and effective communication to include timely resolution of more complex departmental issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Recommend and make changes in staffing levels, basic structure and/or organization of the department to ensure effective completion of objectives.
- Requisition new positions as needed and coordinate and participate in the interviewing, hiring and training of team as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates degree preferred.
- At least six years senior executive administrative support experience working at the executive/board level, preferably in a credit union, financial institution or equivalent.
- At least two years' experience in a leadership role with demonstrated skills in coaching, mentoring and developing others.
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus minimum keyboarding speed of 60 wpm.
- Ability to manage moderately complex projects by organizing work effort and resources.
- Ability to carry out leadership responsibilities according to STCU's policies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and additional time as needed.
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.