We are seeking a Heat Treat Lab Technician to join our team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to section, mount, grind, and polish test pieces in an acceptable manner for evaluation purposes.
- Knowledge on operating lab equipment such as Rockwell and Micro Hardness testers, Tukon, Microscopes etc.
- Inspection of all Metallurgical requirements
- Use of etchants
- Examining microstructures
- Specification proficiency
- Barcode system (checking in/out jobs)
- Data Collection Sheets
- Verify Accuracy of equipment daily
- Annual Vision Test is on file and up to date, see Office Mgr for copy.
- Must complete QFR-706 (administer the test)
After the initial test, QFR-706 must be taken again every three years.
To Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisifactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Minimum of high school Diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.