Director of Sales (Energy & Utilities)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As one of the fastest growing firms in the energy waste reduction movement, we provide wholistic residential and commercial program management solutions for utility and municipal clients throughout the country. We are looking for a Director of Sales to support our growth initiatives.
As the Director of Sales, they will support the VP of Sales in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s business development. As a critical role in the organization, the Director of Sales will designing strategic sales plans, and assessing costs and competition. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional negotiation and leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an advisor to the business leaders and influence their thinking and approach, including influencing strategic decision making from an enterprise point of view, through externally informed insights.
- Utilizes knowledge of competitors to identify opportunities for our company.
- Present to internal and external Executive Management teams.
- Designing and implementing strategic plans to reach sales targets.
- Establishing a sales training program to train new employees.
- Collaborate with other departments on developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), ID/IQ Task Orders, and Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Highly effective relationship building and development across all levels of internal and external customers.
- Developing and promoting weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales objectives.
- Assessing costs, competition, and supply and demand to identify selling prices.
- Work closely with the Strategy Department, and develop original content and/or edits relevant materials to create proposal components that have a cohesive written voice, and that clearly articulate both the sales messaging and technical detail of our offerings.
- Responsible for thoroughly understanding the full array of our products and services in order to fully and effectively represent us to our clients or potential clients during the sales process.
- Estimating sales volume and profit for current and new products.
- Attend industry events on the company's behalf.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration, marketing.
- Six Sigma green belt preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in energy efficiency, demand side management (DSM) or similar. A solid knowledge of energy efficiency technologies and practices, required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices.
- Creative approaches to problem solving, opportunity assessment and strategy development.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills. Knowledge of financial reporting preferred.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Experience in a commercial proposal writing/development capacity in a fast-paced, dynamic corporate environment.
- Knowledge of national, regional and local energy efficiency initiatives.
- Experience in marketing campaigns, preparation of proposal packets, ability to research energy efficiency needs for the organization.
- Highly-polished communication skills—written and oral.
- Strong detail orientation, analytical and general business skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, and flexibility to change priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio).
- Experience with working with Customer Relationship Management Software.
- Ability to work well independently, manage time effectively, and be self‐directed.
- Proven ability to work closely with a diverse group of sales and technical experts.
- Ability to travel 30%-40%.
- Ability to pass company vetting requirements.
BusinessView all jobs at START
Get fresh Energy Waste jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.