At START Treatment and Recovery Centers, you will keep up to date with the latest healthcare trends in addiction for adults and adolescents. What you might not know is that START Treatment and Recovery Centers has been providing addiction treatment services for almost 50 years, in the hearts of communities that face multiple social challenges that can affect our client's path to recovery and overall health. START provides a mix of behavioral health, medication-assisted addiction treatment and primary care services in community-based settings across New York City. We offer our clients and patients an ally in their recovery. More than that, we are one of the few independently-operated providers in this field to conduct leading-edge research into substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Working at START is different from many traditional non-profit healthcare/human services providers. We're not a 24/7 operation, so our clinicians have a work-life balance. When our clinics and programs are open, the pace is fast pace and the energy is high as our patients/clients demand the best. Our staff is deeply dedicated to supporting our patients/clients through their recovery.
Our staff's diversity reflects that of our patients/clients. We're the largest minority-run 501c3 and independently-operated non-profit healthcare provider in New York State. Together we hold several degrees, speak both Spanish/English languages and hold talents from playing musical instruments to refereeing minor league basketball.
We are currently seeking the following individual to join our team!
The Clinic Director is responsible for leading all facets of clinical and administrative services including supervision of administrative aspects of all clinical and non-clinical support staff - including hiring & training. Responsible for ensuring that all front-end revenue cycle activities, including billing, collections, denials, and eligibility status of persons served, monitoring missing charges and running monthly reports. Along with their Assistant Clinic Director, Administrative Assistant, and Chief of the Medical Unit, the Clinic Director is assisted in leading the clinic outcomes by partnering with the Chief of the Medical Unit and having an LCSW Assistant Clinic Director to handle clinical supervision. The Clinic Director will in addition, have an administrative assistant and a senior security officer and maintenance supervisor.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
- Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) will be reviewed. Please include in cover letter time to obtain LCSW.
- CASAC (Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor) a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical work experience in the chemical dependence field with one (1) year of supervisory experience in the chemical dependence field.
- Understanding and knowledge of urban community problems and its relation to healthcare, behavioral health, substance use disorders, co-morbidity and homelessness.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills (written and oral); the ability to problem solve; the ability to motivate, develop, and coach individuals and groups; the ability to appropriately confront issues/problems; and the ability to think creatively.
- A strong commitment to furthering institutional performance measures through interdisciplinary teamwork is essential.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed in each individual case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.