- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Bus Driver
Supervisor: Transportation Supervisor
- Educational Level: Minimum of GED or High School Diploma.
- Requirements: A valid North Dakota Commercial Driver’s License with
Passenger and School Bus Endorsements.
Must have passed a DOT Physical Exam.
Must submit to and pass Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Must pass a background check in accordance with the
Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention
Act, Public Law 101-630.
Must become certified in CPR and First Aid.
Demonstrate competency in safe passenger vehicle (bus,
Van, other) operation in all types of weather conditions,
Preventative bus, van and other vehicle maintenance,
Monitoring and enforcement of student bus conduct,
Recordkeeping, and radio communication.
Indian and Veteran’s preference is considered.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
School bus drivers are more than just vehicle operators. Students often consider them friends and parents trust them with the safety of their children.
- Provide safe, courteous, and timely transportation services to Standing Rock Community School students. Including daily school transportation, transportation to and from school sponsored activities as scheduled and assigned, and other transportation services which are designed to provide students with access to regular and supplementary educational services and other required and needed services provided by the school
- Provide transportation services in accordance with all traffic and safety regulations and school transportation services policies and procedures. Including: loading and unloading passengers, safety stops and procedures at railroad and other required crossings, and other applicable regulations and procedures.
- Provide enforcement of student bus conduct in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Standing Rock Community School.
- Maintain vehicles used in a safe, clean, and pleasant manner.
- Conduct daily vehicle safety checks and routine maintenance checks to ensure vehicle safety and consistent operation.
- Maintain and submit timely and accurate records of vehicle operation, maintenance and utilization as required by the Transportation Supervisor, including ISEP Student Count Week data and information.
- Performs other duties as assigned deemed necessary by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Standing Rock Community School Policies and Procedures.
STANDING ROCK COMMUNITY SCHOOL
AddressFort Yates, ND
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?