Bus Driver/Vehicle Maintenance
- Posted: 28 days ago
- Educational Level: Minimum of an A.A.S. in Auto Mechanics or equivalent
Education/training program, with a minimum of a GED or high school education program completion, and Master Mechanic or other equivalent certification or licensing required.
- Requirements: A valid North Dakota Commercial Driver’s License with
Passenger and School Bus Endorsements.
A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience as a
Vehicle mechanic preferred.
Must have passed a DOT Physical Exam and other physical requirements to perform the duties and responsibilities of a vehicle mechanic.
Must become certified in CPR and First Aid.
Must submit to and pass Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Must pass a background check in accordance with the
Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention
Act, Public Law 101-630.
Demonstrate competency in safe passenger vehicle (bus,
Van, other) operation in all types of weather conditions,
Preventative bus, van and other vehicle maintenance,
Monitoring and enforcement of student bus conduct,
Recordkeeping, and radio communication.
Indian and Veteran’s preference is considered.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
School bus drivers are more than just vehicle operators. Students often consider them friends and parents trust them with the safety of their children. Vehicle maintenance to all our transportation buses and vehicles on a regular basis ensures safety is first for the students of Standing Rock Community School.
- Provide safe, courteous, and timely transportation services to Standing Rock Community School students. Including daily school transportation, transportation to and from school sponsored activities as scheduled and assigned, and other transportation services which are designed to provide students with access to regular and supplementary educational services and other required and needed services provided by the school
- Provide transportation services in accordance with all traffic and safety regulations and school transportation services policies and procedures. Including: loading and unloading passengers, safety stops and procedures at railroad and other required crossings, and other applicable regulations and procedures.
- Provide enforcement of student bus conduct in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Standing Rock Community School.
- Maintain vehicles used in a safe, clean, and pleasant manner.
- Conduct daily vehicle safety checks and routine maintenance checks to ensure vehicle safety and consistent operation.
- Maintain and submit timely and accurate records of vehicle operation, maintenance and utilization as required by the Transportation Supervisor, including ISEP Student Count Week data and information.
- Provide for all major and minor repairs to school transportation vehicles, including preventive maintenance and emergency repair in a manner which ensures the safe and consistent operating condition of all school transportation vehicles of the Standing Rock Community School.
- Provide for the periodic inspection of all school transportation vehicles to ensure safe operating condition; provide advisement to the bus drivers on routine maintenance and minor repair procedures, safety requirements, equipment and supplies, and other pertinent information.
- Maintain and submit timely and accurate records of major and minor repairs (including cost) conducted for all school transportation vehicles.
- Inspect buses and other school transportation vehicles to ensure that all vehicles meet safety requirements and standards; coordinate annual vehicle safety inspections through the Transportation Supervisor.
- Advise the Transportation Supervisor on any and all matters regarding transportation vehicle and equipment condition, needs, and replacement.
- Conduct comparative pricing of vehicle parts and supply needs for major and minor repair, and advise the Transportation Supervisor regarding purchase recommendations, ensuring that quality and safety remain a priority in and above cost.
- Performs other duties as assigned deemed necessary by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Standing Rock Community School Policies and Procedures.
STANDING ROCK COMMUNITY SCHOOL
AddressFort Yates, ND
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?