Sr Software Quality Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Want to test state of the art video players? Our global media client is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join the team responsible for testing video players to enhance the customer experience. You'll work within an engineering team at one of the world's largest media companies creating a best in class product. You'll be testing video players, video playback, streaming APIs, and streaming parameters to validate acceptance criterion across a variety of metrics. As a testing engineer, you should be hands-on and comfortable in an Agile environment and testing within a CICD pipeline using TDD best practices. If you value being part of a team building cutting edge video streaming products this will be an exciting opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Los Angeles, New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, and more. We are setting up interviews for qualified candidates immediately.
Sr. Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
You'll be working with the frontend team to lead test efforts of features being developed for devices that include smart TVs, game consoles and set top boxes. This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy and driven to produce results. Your responsibilities include but not limited to those outlined below.
- Leads QE team in drafting and formulating test procedures
- Works with relevant teams to review product documentations, requirements and technical specifications
- Develops and executes detailed test cases and test plans based on requirements
- Manages testing efforts across projects and tasks under tight deadlines
- Collaborates with development teams on bug fix verifications and validations
- Troubleshoots quality issues and identifies, communicates and escalates as required
- Mentors and provides training assistance to associate Quality Engineers
- 7+ years quality engineering experience in Agile Development process
- Experience with testing Smart TV, STB, home networking and Wi-Fi applications
- Hands-on experience with video display, audio output and streaming
- Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
- Team player and self-starter who will work side by side with development teams
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
- Experience with Omniture or Google Analytics report
- Experience with Selenium, Python, or other automation framework
- Experience with Linux based test automation and integrated embedded device test framework
The US base salary range for this contract position is $120,000 - 135,000 /year. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at STAND 8
Get fresh Product Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.