- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; eliminate waste and inefficiencies in industrial manufacturing facilities by recommending process improvements; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Assists manufacturing in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
GroupeStahl and all entities are a Drug Free Workplace/Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: United States
STAHLS' IncWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and work environment!
STAHLS Inc., dba GroupeSTAHL is the global leader specializing in the development, manufacturing, and distribution of heat printing technologies. STAHLS' provides customers with the most cost-effective and efficient ways to decorate garments with state-of-the-art technologies. GroupeSTAHL has a long and rich history in business since 1932 with operations located throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Headquartered in Michigan, our multi-national affiliates and subsidiaries include: Heat Transfer Manufacturing, Sports Printing Supplies, Heat Transfer Adhesives and Films Manufacturing, Heat Press Equipment Manufacturing, Artwork Services and Software, Digital Media, Licensed Goods Specialists, and Decoration Fulfillment Specialists.
AddressSaint Clair Shores, MI