- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reports To: Finance Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are searching for a Financial Analyst who is looking for career growth and who takes pride in giving solution-based input on financial and operational planning in an established organization. Here is your chance to play a major role in the financial development of a company that wants you to bring your ideas and knowledge to help drive improved processes, visibility, and performance. For the go-getter that is self-driven your success in this role will result in further advancement in your career. In this pivotal role, your innovative ideas and ability to forecast financial and business strategies to improve operational processes will be the key to your success. A successful applicant will be a team player, able to build strong relationships with business managers including service managers and parts managers, a contributor, and the finance liaison to departments within the company. Learning about different departments and using this information to forecast, and add visibility to cost reduction or optimization projects, while identifying key metrics to provide insight on departmental efficiency is key to benchmarking overall efficiency.
Summary: To develop, interpret, and implement complex financial and operational concepts, or techniques for planning and control, by performing the following duties:
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Works directly with department managers to identify their daily practice and the impact it has on our financial statements. Recommends improvements accordingly.
- Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Directs preparation of studies, reports, and analysis in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost-saving or profit-generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements.
- Assists the organization's Finance Manager in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
- Conduct general financial analysis of the finance reports obtained from various departments such as Parts, Sales, Service, etc.
- Other jobs of business analysts include preparing reports pertaining to their research, study, and suggestions over investments.
- Makes use of spreadsheets and different statistical software to analyze the facts of their report.
- Develop and maintain a series of dashboards in PowerBI for management review.
- Develops new and effective techniques for financial planning and thus rendering better service to the clients.
- Reads, understands and is able to explain the financial statements to others in the Company.
- Follows and stays abreast of the latest trends and techniques in the field of financial analysis.
- Coordinates with higher management officials, as well as other departments, and reports the progress and changes (if any).
- Assist in companywide financial audits.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at STAFFING FISH