- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Paralegal – Patent Department
Assist Department Head with all aspect of patent prosecution and to ensure all documents received from clients, foreign agents, U. S. Patent and Trademark Office and other government agencies are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Monitor the US and Foreign docket, to clear dates and provide follow-up to attorneys, Foreign Agents, clients and Dept. Head in order to provide adequate time to respond.
- Clear daily docket reports in accordance with established firm guidelines and notify the Department Head of any inaccuracies.
- Prepare transmittal cover sheets, draft responses, assignments, declarations, information disclosure statement, ADS, POA and other related prosecution documents relating to filing with the USPTO and/or forwarding to Foreign Agents for final review and approval by Dept. Head and/or patent attorney.
- Receive and act upon client instructions, including confirmation and/or draft response to client inquiries related to US and Foreign Patent applications.
- Create and forward formal documents to the client in a timely manner.
- Review attorneys’ client information and ensures that addresses, special instructions are being followed in accordance with the clients’ instructions.
- Create and maintain AIM records and data to assist attorney in managing client needs.
- Draft routine correspondence and/or formal documents for filing at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office “USPTO” and/or Foreign Agents for attorneys, proofread, photocopy, scan documents into the firm’s document management system and assemble correspondence as needed.
- Track and record client-billable time as required.
- Utilize USPTO and other related government agency electronic resources effectively.
- Maintain and prioritize work and communicate if unable to meet daily responsibilities.
- Willingness and flexibility to work closely with all attorneys and others as needed.
- Provide back-up support to other team members as needed, including Patent Administrative Assistants and other Patent Paralegals if requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Based in Stamford, Connecticut since the mid-1960s, we offer sophisticated and comprehensive intellectual property representation at rates that reflect the lower overhead of our suburban setting. We strive to add value and provide customized solutions and strategic advice and guidance in every client relationship.
ST ONGE STEWART JOHNSTON
986 Bedford Street StamfordStamford, CT
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?