Human Resource Generalist
ST JOHN'S WELL CHILD and Family Center, INC
Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary functions are to coordinate employee benefits programs and oversee employee timekeeping records. In addition, the position works closely with the HR Director in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities. The position will also lead with the organization’s efforts with regards to insurance coverage, including general liability. Ensures that supervisors/managers/department heads, as well as all staff understand the HRIS system for all related HR functions, data and tracking. Works closely with CHRO/HRD and other department heads to coordinate HR duties.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor degree in related field preferred;
- PHR or equivalent HR Certification, and other related professional designation preferred
- Five years’ related experience within human services and/or public health;
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (read, write, speak)
- ADP knowledge preferred
- Acts as the HR liaison between Finance and HR regarding payroll matters, including the processing of payroll adjustments and/or discrepancies.
- Administers benefits programs, including: (1) analysis; (2) serves as primary employee contact, primary contact with benefits broker, and primary HRIS contact; and (3) annual open enrollment.
- Assists HR Department in processing interns, preceptors, and/or volunteers.
- Assists HR Director or HR Business Partner (HRBP) in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- Assists HR Director and HRBP with HRIS management and training to ensure (1) an effective and functional HRIS system is maintained and (2) that all supervisors/managers/department heads use the system properly and for confidential HR purposes only.
- Assists HR Director and HRBP with training and development, including, but not limited to: research, instructional design, and facilitation/presentation.
- Assists with internal and external grant audits, HR audits, OSHA investigations and accidents, workers’ compensation tracking.
- Audits personnel files to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates leaves of absence scheduling, tracking, and documentation.
- Develops, prepares, generates, and analyzes ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including but not limited to: (1) issues such as benefit costs, (2) staffing levels/deployment, turnover, (3) absenteeism, (4) recruitment, (5) applicant tracking, (6) Affirmative Action/EEO, (7) compensation, (8) promotions, etc.
- Process all Leave of absence/FMLA/CFRA.
- Effectively utilizes the data processing system to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and professional working relations with management, staff, employment applicants, visitors, callers, vendors, business professionals and community leaders.
- Maintains all business insurance policies on an annual basis.
- Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
- Maintains integrity, maturity and confidentiality in conversations, communication and security of all HR documents, processes, audits, and employee interactions.
- Process verifications of employment and/or garnishments.
- Participates in employee and labor relations investigations and resolutions, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, etc. as directed by the HR Director.
- Serves as primary contact for: workers' compensation, EDD (unemployment applications and verifications), and retirement plans.
- Visits sites for labor postings as needed and for special visits as assigned.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and other work-related events as needed;
- As an exempt position, evening and/or weekend hours may be required to ensure the fulfillment of all duties and responsibilities; and
- Other duties may be assigned or may be modified as business needs dictate.
ST JOHN'S WELL CHILD and Family Center, INC
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh HR Generalist Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.