Chief Compliance Officer
ST JOHN'S WELL CHILD and Family Center, INC
Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Reports directly to the CEO. The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) acts as staff to the CEO and Board of Director’s Corporate Compliance Committee by monitoring and reporting results of the compliance/ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to compliance. The Chief Compliance Officer, together with the Corporate Compliance Committee, is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and empathy towards patients, as well as have excellent communication skills, critical thinking skills, the ability to handle stressful situations, the capacity to function independently, have a varied clinical experience, and the ability to document meticulously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Policy, Business, Health Care Administration, Accounting/Finance, Law or a related field required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Healthcare leadership, Health System Operations, Health Care Compliance, Auditing, Consulting, Legal Operations or Financial Management required.
- Prior experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center and HRSA requirements
- Minimum of seven (7) years Risk Management experience in a health care environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast-pace environment.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, initiative, self-motivation, practical learning skills, enthusiasm and an ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Experience in public speaking, business presentations, meeting management and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and/or sensitive corporate information.
- Extensive experience and adaptability as to computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task and solve complex operational issues in health care settings.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other department (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consults with the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleges violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organizations are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues,
- Provides reports on a regular basis, as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance Hotline.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting
- (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
ST JOHN'S WELL CHILD and Family Center, INC
AddressLos Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?