Education / equivalency:
- Associates or 2 years Certification in CS, IT or job-related field OR extra 2 years job-related work exp.
A+ Certification NOT Required:
- Candidate(s) does not need to be A+ Certified upon submission, due to short-term duration. Any candidate missing A+ will not have opportunity to be extended.
- 2 years Tech Support PC Deployment operations work experience or other job related experience
- A+ Certification NOT required but is still preferred.
Candidate technical background:
- All candidates must be A+ certified upon submission. A+ is NOT required.
- PC Deployment experience
- Desktop support experience to include Break/fix and Deployment experience.
Weight requirements updated:
- Routine transporting of items up to 30 lbs. Transporting items up to 70lbs on occasion.
- PC Deployment Technician. Responsible delivering and installing PC's and Peripherals around the Columbia area. Person must have a valid drivers license and good driving record. They will need to understand and triage both software and hardware related problems as it relates to the PC deployment. A great team is in place to support this person.
- Overview knowledge of infrastructure, A+ certification, hardware and software troubleshooting experience in Windows environment.
- APM, WMS, INFORM, McAfee EPO, Ciscoworks, ICOS
Working Relationship within the org:
- Support all internal and work at home internal customers to include executives
- 35% Configures, installs, monitors, and maintains IT users’ workstation software and hardware. Ensures proper backing up of data from user workstations.
- 10% Provides troubleshooting, technical support and guidance to end users and less experienced personnel. Develops end user guidelines.
- 20% Tests and validates application packages. Troubleshoots, maintains, modifies and documents application packages
- 20% Documents configurations and standards so that other staff can reference similar issues and improve resolution time.
- Assists other departments as needed to resolve issues.
- 5% Keeps apprised of new technologies related to workstation support procedures.
- 10% Completes project work and reporting tasks. May perform incoming work ticket dispatching/work queue monitoring. May also keep up with surplus or inventory and other administrative tasks.
- Fast-paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer. Routine transporting of items up to 30 lbs. Transporting items up to 70lbs on occasion.
Whether you’re a company looking for talented people to fill demanding positions or a skilled professional looking for the right company to work with and build a career, the search can seem endless.
In today’s fast paced, get-it-done-yesterday world of business, it’s become harder than ever for the right people and the right companies to come together. Opportunities and qualified people often miss each other, so the search goes on.
At SSi People, our job is to end the search. We connect companies to talent. It’s not easy, but it’s what we do best.