Plant Electrical Engineer
- Posted: March 26, 2023
- $105,000 Yearly
Seeking an Electrical Engineer with for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Finksburg, MD
This position offers full benefits including PTO, Medical, Dental and 401k!
Salary is $105,000 a year for this role.
This position is responsible for the electrical and control system elements of equipment and processes. Additional duties include leading major capital expenditure projects from initial development through vendor selection; installation and project management, up to and including system start-up and debugging.
- Act as part of the Corporate Engineering Group which is responsible for capital improvement projects across two manufacturing facilities.
- Coordinate efforts with outside vendors, OEM representatives, contractors, and technical service groups.
- Provide technical support to plant maintenance groups to troubleshoot and solve production downtime issues.
- Research new technologies to update or replace obsolete equipment on aging production lines.
- Approve electrical and/or process control design changes to production equipment before implementation on the plant floor.
- Direct final installation, testing, and start-up of new equipment.
- Maintain software licensing and support contracts for major suppliers (Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider).
- Drive improvement in the electrical and machinery safety programs for the company (NFPA70E, NFPA79, LOTO, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or in a related field
- 5+ years of experience working in industrial environment
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
- Experience using CAD software such as AutoCAD or similar
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?