SSPR is a fast moving, innovative public relations firm. We are a team of continually curious creatives who value hard work, extreme collaboration and braggable results for our clients. We love a good challenge as much as a good happy hour. We specialize in B2B and B2C tech.
Director of Public Relations
In this role, you will be responsible for client satisfaction as measured through account retention and media success. You will lead large accounts and teams as well as formally manage people including other leaders. To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate advanced PR skills by effectively executing client campaigns, meeting established goals and metrics, and delivering a track record of high quality service through strategic leadership, staff development, and commitment to exceptional results.
- Create strategic PR campaigns by partnering with client and account team to identify goals and metrics as well as manage their successful execution resulting in client satisfaction and ultimately, client retention
- Direct team on PR strategy plans, presentations, and proposals ensuring all client facing documents reflect clients’ needs and goals
- Demonstrate strong understanding of client’s business and offer strategic counsel on matters related to client, product, industry, and competitive landscape as well as encourage staff development in these same areas
- Guide the growth and development of media relations staff through solid talent management skills within the employee lifecycle (recruitment to separation)
- Create functional areas of account management to allow employees to build knowledge, skills, and abilities across a wide variety of technical PR processes
- Possess advanced verbal and written communication skills including the ability to resolve conflict, persuade change, and establish professional rapport quickly
- Resolve problems by utilizing resources and takes appropriate action at departmental and organizational level
- Operate within position with limited direction and actively seek feedback from staff, other leaders, and executives daily
- Multi-task with ease and organize chaos and instill these skills in staff
- Thrive under pressure and within high change with minimal direction
- Ability to think on your feet and pivot to new ideas easily – challenges staff to learn the same skill
- Possess strong interest in technology, media, cultural trends, and general storytelling
Agency experience required.
Bachelor degree required. Prefer degree in public relations, journalism, or related field.
Five years of progressive public relations experience managing diverse clients and accounts. Prefer experience in B2C and B2B public relations.
Three years experience in advanced people management within a communications agency. Experience preferred in complete employment lifecycle to include mentorship, staff assessment and development, and performance improvement.
Up to 20% travel required.
What we offer
We soak in the sun with summer hours, champion success with recognition, give back with paid volunteer time off and host an office exchange to visit family and friends in any of our locations without using vacation days.
Our team enjoys medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a generous 401(K) match. And in addition to the mountains of coffee we provide to fuel your next creative idea, we offer paid parental leave, technology reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, employee outings, and adoption assistance.
We are committed to inclusion, growth, development opportunities and work-life balance. We value diversity in people, experience and interests.
Learn more about our career opportunities at www.sspr.com/careers