As an entry level position at SSD, the Operations Agent will learn many of the required skills while working on the job. Appropriate training will be provided while on the job, but it is an expectation that the selected individual be prepared to spend time researching and educating him/herself with the goal of advancing within a 12 to 18 month time period.
Both full and part time applicants will be considered but a minimum commitment of 30+ hours each week will be required. For active students, work schedule flexibility will be considered to accommodate class schedules. Candidates should have personal, professional, or classroom experience with basic IT concepts, practices and procedures.
****This is a great position for recent college graduates looking to get a foot in the door at a rapidly growing Managed Service Provider****
YOU WILL GAIN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Network infrastructure alarm monitoring and incident escalation
- Backup monitoring, testing, reporting and documentation
- Patch monitoring and application
- Endpoint Security deployment, monitoring and updating
- Trouble ticket creation and escalation
- Review of client systems and documentation to ensure compliance of SSD standard
- Shadowing rotations with different positions within our technical department
- Account lockout and password resets for clients in our Service Desk
- Desktop and laptop preparation and imaging
- Software license renewals
- Taking live calls from clients, creating tickets and triage of new issues
- Participation in evening and weekend shifts
- Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Shipping, receiving and inventory maintenance
- Assist with client on-boarding
THE QUALIFICATIONS THAT WE SEEK:
- 6 months+ of personal, professional, or classroom experience with basic IT concepts, practices and procedures. Those with zero experience will not be considered.
- Diligence and attention to detail
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
- Good communication with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Fluent working knowledge of Windows computers
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Strong desire to learn new technology
- Willingness to invest personal time in advancing his/her skills
- Reliable transportation
- Major Room for Growth!!
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Referral Program
- A community-focused environment
- Relaxed atmosphere
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Clean Driving Record with a valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation and willingness to utilize it for company business (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Must be able to drive to and work at our Wilmington, DE office for all work days
- Completion of a Background Check