SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (FULL TIME)-1256702
- $40 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
- We are hiring immediately for a full time SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN position.
- Location: Georgetown University - 37th and O Streets, Northwest, Washington, DC 20057 (Openings at other locations within school district available) Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. More details upon interview. (Full and Part Time with the flexibility to meet most scheduling needs)
- Requirement: Previous building engineer and HVAC experience is required.
- Starting Pay: $40.00 per hour
- Perks: SSC invests in our employees with training and growth opportunities, but the benefits don’t stop there, SSC offers a comprehensive benefits package and we are also excited to offer same day pay! At SSC we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: Performs a variety of skilled maintenance duties related to the facility's engineering and maintenance functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs electrical and mechanical systems, or the facilities of any related systems, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs or diagnoses malfunctions of HVAC, electrical and mechanical building systems, sterilizers, sprinkler and standpipe systems, transport systems, electronic signaling systems, fire alarm systems and similar specialty equipment items with appropriate training, certification skills and licensing requirements as needed.
- Leads a group of workers on a project
- Teaches maintenance skills to other members of the department.
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a variety of company tech systems.
- Oversees fleet maintenance support including but not limited to welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance, driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support, generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Reviews work of outside vendors and non-licensed maintenance workers; creates punch lists.
- Determines manpower, material needs and deadlines for jobs or projects.
- Reads blueprints, specifications and models to learn work layout; plans own work layout.
- Makes routine computations as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes tests and inspections.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of preventive maintenance systems.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- Five years of experience as a maintenance technician in an institutional setting in an engineering or maintenance discipline.
- Holds a specialization in one trade as evident by possession of an appropriate Journeyman's license issued by the State. Must have one of the following: Journeyman Electrical License, Registered ACR Technician with EPA certification in Refrigerant, Journeyman Plumber License, Carpentry, Welding, Steam and Pipefitting, Masonry or Electronic Instrumentation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and models to learn work layout.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
SSC Services for EducationWashington, DC
Get fresh SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (FULL TIME)-1256702 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.