Senior Network Engineer/Telephony Designer/Administrator
SSATI Annapolis Junction, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Network Engineer/Telephony Designer/Administrator, Clearance Required – TS/SCI w/Polygraph
Please note, this position requires all candidates to currently possess an active Top-Secret SCI Clearance with a Polygraph. This position is not an opportunity to be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance.
We encode mission critical software for our partners who analyze more than 25 petabytes of data a day. We ingest millions of signals confidentially utilizing our sensible solutions that identify and respond to attacks before they are even executed. We incorporate automated tools and cutting-edge technology that saves lives and protects property of everyday people. With our technology we are looking to refine our software to more securely protect, analyze, and increase the number of petabytes we work with.
A combination of utilizing the right people and giving them the tools, resources, support, and freedom to develop effective signal processing algorithms, excellent software, and use strong intuition on what works for a scalable system.
- A current Top-Secret/SCI government security clearance with polygraph is required.
- Must have in-depth experience with enterprise telephony systems.
- Must have in-depth experience with enterprise Unified Communications platforms.
- Must have experience with Linux and Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Must have experience with enterprise networking equipment from different manufacturers, to include working with Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN and WAN technologies.
- Must have experience identifying and correcting WAN hardware, software, and circuit problems.
- Must have experience identifying and correcting hardware and software issues on servers, clients, and networks.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must have experience providing direct assistance to end users.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be a self-starter with strong collaboration skills.
- Must be able to support planned, after hours activities on occasion and may be responsible for providing after-hours support for network administration, operations, and maintenance problems on occasion.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g. rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of standards-based engineering drawing packages.
- Thorough knowledge of networking essentials in a professional office atmosphere.
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
As a Senior Network Engineer/Telephony Designer/Administrator, You Will:
- Develop network security requirements and policy and translate requirements into specific device configurations.
- Provide network administration support for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the enterprise network environment.
- Provide enterprise LAN support and working closely with the IT service provider teams to ensure customer requirements are considered and supported by the evolving LAN/WAN architecture.
- Provide enterprise telephony and Unified Communications Systems (UCS) support.
- Provide in-depth analysis on existing network and server configurations and developing plans for system enhancements.
- Examin system data and implement enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Plan and implement IT enhancements and undertaking project work, to include configuring servers, clients, storage devices, and network components.
- Plan and manage system installs and upgrades for networks and servers (hardware and software).
- Provide detailed analysis and troubleshooting guidance for real-time system crisis.
- Support system engineering requests to meet operational needs.
- Propose, design, test, and install capabilities that are new to the environment.
- Manage schedules and timing of team tasking.
- Develop detailed plans and validating all parts needed to support the plans.
- Provide written and in-person status reports to senior leadership.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of technical data such as rack elevations, installation instructions, and other as built designs.
- Contribute to the development and quality assurance of relevant CDRLs when necessary.
- Contribute to and participating in program System Engineering and Configuration Management Boards and processes when required.
- Provide technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects.
Work Site: Greater Ft. Meade, MD area.
To Learn More About Our Team and Solutions, Check Out the Following:
- Corporate Website: www.ssati.com
- GlassDoor Page: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-SSATI-EI_IE1260475.11,16.htm
- Indeed Page: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Ssati/reviews
- LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ssati/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ssati2003/
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/ssati2003?lang=en
At Sensible Solutions and Technologies, Inc. (SSATI), we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services, and our community. SSATI is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at SSATI