Logistics Project Manager (Warehouse & Trucking Operation)
SSAI Falls Church, VA
- Expired: May 08, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job InformationIndustry Government/Military Work Experience 4-5 years Drug Test Required Yes City Falls Church State/Province Virginia Zip/Postal Code 22040
Prime Response Inc. (PRI), in coordination with SSAI, is seeking a Logistics Project Manager (Warehouse & Trucking Operation) for a long-term government contract located in Falls Church and Alexandria, VA.
oWarehouse functions such as receiving, inspecting, stocking, inventory, filling orders, and loading and unloading trucks;
oFurniture moves and relocations;
oMinor furniture repairs;
oTransporting bulk items;
oDestruction Bin Replenishment;
oPick-up and delivery of various bulk items;
oOperating Material Handling Equipment
oOperating the Warehouse Management System
· Jointly assesses project/task order status with customer.
· Advises customer in matters of program administration.
· Provides full service task management duties to manage and oversee assigned personnel.
· Performs contractor reviews and coordinates daily and long-range task requirements.
· Ensures contractor requirements in the quality assurance plan are addressed.
· Ensures staffing requirements and minimum coverage hours are met.
Requirements· Must be able to pass a Federal Background Check and obtain as Public Trust Clearance.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of logistics and warehousing experience, focusing on management of Warehouse functions such as receiving, inspecting, stocking, inventory, filling orders, and loading and unloading trucks.
· Experience must include onsite decision-making authority.
· Experience with Government contracts is preferred.
· Must have at least 3 years of experience in supervising employees, which includes assessing employee training needs, assisting employees in skill building, providing performance feedback, identifying appropriate staffing mix and hiring qualified candidates, and troubleshooting staffing concerns.
· Must have knowledge of warehouse operations and logistics principles.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Must be capable of standing, bending, and walking for the majority of a workday.
· Ability to lift and carrying moderately heavy material (up to 50 lbs).
PRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.